Shark Cake Pops
1 pkg. Duncan Heins Devil’s Food Cake
½ tub store bought chocolate frosting
24 Hershey’s Kisses
2 bags Blue Candy Melts
1 bag Red Candy Melts
½ cup White Candy Melts
Wilton Black Sugar Pearls
24 Lollipop Sticks
Styrofoam Block or Floral Foam
Bake the cake according to the package directions. While cake is baking start prepping your Kisses. In order to get the perfect shark fin, I trimmed off each side of the Kiss and then angle-cut the base. See Pictures below.
Once your cake is baked and cooled, crumble into a bowl. Add ½ a can of frosting and mix with your fingers until thoroughly combined. Using a scoop, scoop onto a cookie tray or cutting board. (I used my Pampered Chef Medium Scoop, which is approximately 2 TBSP.) You should have about 24 mounds or cake mixture. Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls and place all balls into the fridge.
Melt your Blue and Red candy melts together until they form Purple, add white until you get the appropriate gray colour.
1. Dip the tip of your sticks into the melted candy melts
2. Insert stick into prepared cake ball
3. Insert the stick into Styrofoam block
4. Dip bottom of kiss into candy melts and stick to top of cake pop
5. Once candy melt has hardened, dip the entire cake pop into the melted candy melts. The technique that I used was I put the melted candy melts into a small deep bowl and dipped straight down and up, I then held the cake pop at an angle and twirled and tapped the side of my wrist with my other hand.
6. Once candy melt has hardened, use tweezers to pick up and dip the sugar pearls in a small amount of candy melts and attach eyes.
7. Use tweezers to pick up and dip the black sprinkles in candy melts and attach gills